Five Tips for Good Customer Service!
Almost anyone we know has a story they can tell about how they have been badly treated by the Customer Service department of a company.
We have all gone through that at one point in our lives, but why does it have to be like that? Why do we have to feel awkward every time we need to reach a customer service agent to ask for help with our problem or doubt? Why do we have to wait in a queue on the phone line or wait several days before receiving a reply by e-mail with the solution to our problems? Is it really so difficult to offer good customer service?
Well, it is true that keeping all customers happy is a hard job but there are a few things that customer service managers can apply with their teams to improve their customers’ satisfaction.
It has been shown that the more efficient way to gain customer’s loyalty and satisfaction is to provide them direct and confidential online customer support.
These are some interesting tips to optimize your online customer service:
- Don’t give a general solution to a specific customer’s question; be concerned about each question and give a real answer which will be helpful for the customer. If you don’t know the answer, explain the situation and transfer them to the person who does and make sure the issue is solved at the end.
- Ask about what your customers really want. Take any opportunity you have to gain insight from your customers. This will allow you to give them the output that they really want to hear and not what you think will be the best for them. Furthermore, marketing and product departments will love to hear the feedback you receive from your customers as this is valuable information for future business development.
- Have a true understanding of your customers’ problem. Take your time to listen to your customer and request more information in order to understand fully the situation and think which would be the best way to help.
- Don’t underestimate your customers. Even if the solution is so easy a baby can figure it out, fully explain it to your customer until you are sure they have understood it. They will thank you for the time you take to help them.
- If you see it fit, then you can use some customer service situations for up-sell. Make the customer an offer describing how it could be useful for him or her, but let the customer be the one to decide if the offer will be suitable to his or her problem.
To sum up, keep in mind that customer satisfaction is so important as it guarantees the existence of your brand! Maintain a healthy customer relationship and your company will always be profitable. Avoid mistakes and if you can’t then simply apologize in an honest manner.
We wish you good luck and would be grateful to hear your opinion and further advice about online customer service in the comments’ section.