Here at Artificial Solutions we have a mission: Make Technology Think!
Are you ready to join this exciting adventure?
We are looking for talented Senior Software Developer (Java – Back end) to join our committed international team of developers and researchers in the lovely and sunny Barcelona.
Within the Products & Technology team you will contribute to create our next generation natural language processing (NLP) platform. The platform covers the entire life-cycle of conversational AI development from inception through publication, data analysis, system supported proactive improvement. A variety of technologies go into this, mostly Java based, including Elastic Search, Cassandra, JCR, Spark, MLeap, Kafka all brought together to form a market leading, patented, AI development environment exposed through a .NET desktop IDE, with admin web interfaces.
Wondering what you will be doing? Here it goes!
- Participating in the development of our JVM based NLP platform as a back-end developer in several of our platform components.
- Transforming functional requirements into technical requirements.
- Improving and enhancing existing software as well as creating entirely new components for the platform.
- Designing and developing APIs.
- Participating in the design and integration of the software platform infrastructure and technology stack
- Automation of the software build, development, delivery process, orchestration, automatic scaling and performance tuning of the software
- Research and evaluate leading edge technologies
We are a great match if you have:
- MSc/BS in Computer Science or Computational Linguistics or related fields, or equivalent know-how acquired through working experience.
- 3+ years of software development experience with Java
- Excellent coding skills in Java
- Experience in Java common frameworks and libraries (Jersey, Maven, Guava, Dropwizard, log4j2, JEE stack…)
…And we welcome:
- Interest or knowledge in any of the following: Elasticsearch, Cassandra, JCR, Spark, MLeap, Kafka
- Experience in AWS / Cloud is a very strong plus
- Experience in configuration management, orchestration &scripting languages
- Good knowledge of Linux and Git
- Previous experience in NLU, NLI or machine learning is a strong plus
- Experience in distributed computing, information retrieval, data mining and/or artificial intelligence
- Experience in building and maintaining highly scalable, highly available distributed systems
- Expert knowledge on logging, monitoring, testing and tuning Java applications
Let’s not forget about language skills:
- Business fluency in English, both written and spoken.
- Any additional languages are a plus.
Take a look to the Perks & Benefits of working with us!
- International environment with 30+ different nationalities working in a collaborative way
- Central office (…and we are getting bigger!)
- Fresh fruits, cookies, coffee & drinks
- Team activities & events like Beachvolley, International Lunch, etc
- 23 days of paid holidays plus extra days as personal choice
- Ad hoc possibility to work from home
- Flexible working time, you decide when start your day
- Health insurance for you and your family, 100% paid by the company
- Flexible retribution Plan to enjoy ticket restaurants, ticket transport and childcare vouchers!
- Continuous learning program and Spanish classes