Ten barriers to break down in Dialogue systems implementation
“Just keep on breakin’ the rules
C’mon get ready to rule
[…] I’m gonna do things my own way
“Breaking the rules”, AC/DC
Rebelling without a cause is usually correlated with a need for exploring ahead. When one has a master plan, boundaries will do nothing but encourage them to try to break free. “Let’s simplify things, ask ourselves whether the obvious is yet the best option”, Steve Jobs must have thought back in 2007, when Apple first introduced their multi-touch track-pads and touchscreens on MacBooks and iPhones, favoring mainstream exposure to multi-touch technology. Not conforming to the norm is the mindset behind many of the greatest technological advances of the past five years: the “app” concept, tablets, eBook readers, cloud computing, etc. In other words, it’s mostly thanks to the nonconformists that technology keeps evolving at such a frantic speed.
When Artificial Solutions released Teneo Studio and presented it to both existing and prospective clients, a feeling of uncertainty could be perceived among these. Today, after Teneo Studio’s model has proved successful for a wide range of clients (IKEA, Vodafone Ireland, NTT East, Statens Vegvesen, etc.), we can state that taking control over your own Natural Language Interaction (NLI) solutions is challenging and inspiring at the same time.
Have a look at these 10 successful approaches to well-known difficulties in dialogue systems implementation:
- What you see is what you get (WYSIWYG): A user-friendly interface to create your flows. Your design is your dialogue; your variants are your testing. Build your dialogues and test them right away. From flow design to implementation to testing to deployment: Teneo Studio is the only tool that you will need to have full control over your assistant.
- Natural Language Processing to the rescue: Write your variants and let Teneo Studio do the coding. It comes with over 25,000 built-in lexical items (depending on the language: English, German, Spanish, Chinese, etc.).
- Make your solution as complex as you want. Absolutely no limits. Choose to stay cool or try your hands at scripting. Groovy at your service.
- Easily classify, tag and structure relevant knowledge areas for later statistical analysis. Identify information gaps in your assistant from its very first launch.
- Softly update contents: publish your changes with just one click. Your assistant will be updated instantly. There’s no need to interrupt the service or restart anything. Knowledge re-deployments pass unnoticed.
- Add as many languages as you want. Centralize implementation and maintenance of all of them in one single Master solution. Have your English, Spanish and Chinese assistants (and up to 21 languages) synchronized among them.
- Add as many different platforms or operating systems as you want. From online virtual assistants to email contact forms; whether your devices run iOS, Android or Windows… A unique solution reaches everywhere.
- Add as many devices as you want: a smart TV, a video gaming console, your domestic appliances, etc. Centralize management of all of them in one single solution. Teneo Studio becomes your device manager tool.
- Access, write and retrieve data from external services straightaway. Make the most out of cloud computing in order to share customer information across devices.
- Test drive yourself. You’ll just love it! No technical background is required. A basic understanding of Teneo Studio’s capabilities will suffice to put you on track.
Creating robust networks for Connected Consumer Devices is the basis of Artificial Solutions’ new cutting edge developments and these are some of the strongest Studio capabilities pointing in this direction:
- Cross-device integrations: they provide users with real time information across different devices.
- Reusable modules: you can reuse and adapt integrations easily.
- Cloud computing + persistence + dynamic data: storing information and data that is captured throughout dialogues and updated as new information becomes available.
- Maintaining dialogue history and context across devices: conversation information can be accessed from the different connected devices, allowing for natural conversations between customers and their personal assistant to be remembered even after switching platforms or devices.
With Mobile World Congress just under our belts, let’s now take the opportunity to “leap ahead” and break the rules in favor of continued innovation. “The New Mobile Horizon” awaits us!